Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 3

I woke up this morning feeling a little tight. I suppose that's to be expected.

I ended up outside yesterday. My husband suggested we go to the trail to get a bit variety, so we did. We started out together...and ended together. And that was about it. Where he put in about 5 miles, I think I may have gotten just over 2 (I wasn't paying close attention to the mile markers..plus they have two sets. What's up with that?)

I was more controlled on my first jog - felt like I could have gone a little longer. The second one was a bit rough though. At first I thought I had started out too fast, but then I realized that there was a bit more uphill this time around and a bit more wind as well. So I definitely wasn't going faster. It was just more work.

Here's something odd - my legs hurt more when I'm walking than when I'm running. I think I pull my toes up too high on my walking stride, resulting in some discomfort in my shins. It's almost a relief to run at that point. Or maybe I'm trying to walk too briskly. Never thought that could be possible.

Tonight is walking only. In some training plans, this would be a rest day, but I'm down with active resting. I'm thinking I'll get bored with walking pretty soon, so it may be time to invest in a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment