Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 2...a little late

The plan for yesterday:

Walk - 10 min.
Jog - 5 min.
Walk - 5 min.
Jog - 5 min.
Walk - 5-10 min.

I was ready to be done when I hit that 30 minute mark. I started my first 5-min jog a little fast...probably at a slowish jog pace for my husband, but fast for me all the same. It was tough. My second jog was much nicer, easier going, and a ton slower. That's okay....it's not about speed right now. It's about moving and consistency. So even though I got home about 2 hours late last night, I went out. And even while my hands started to get chapped and numb from the wind because I foolishly did not put gloves on, I continued on. That's northern Illinois in mid-March. What should I expect?

Tonight's plan is the same as yesterday. The forecast is not looking promising. 30% chance of rain and a high in the mid-40s. I don't mind the rain when it's warm and I don't have to run in it. But I've never "worked out" in the rain. And I'm not really looking forward to it. Maybe tonight would be a good time to fork over $2 to use the indoor track at the Park District. A real runner would tough it out and get outside and run...I'm not a real runner. So I'll get in my car and drive to the Park District. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment